After Endodontic Treatment
- Post-operative discomfort varies between patients, however, in general, patients that present for initial treatment with moderate to severe pain and/or swelling associated with pain are more likely to have some discomfort after the procedure that can be easily managed by following a simple regime of over the counter analgesics. Due to the nature of endodontics, your symptoms may increase before settling down.
- We will customize your analgesic regime after the consultation and/or treatment visit.
- Post-operative care following endodontic microsurgery: The majority of patients will simply require over-the-counter analgesics lasting no more than 2-4 days after surgery.
- The goal of healing involves not allowing the gum tissue to be agitated such that it may adhere to the bone adequately. Therefore, the following instructions will help prevent the tissues from moving and also prevent foreign materials from getting between the tissues and the bone.
- Further instructions will be given to the patient after the completion of treatment.
- Sutures are usually removed 3-4 days after surgery.
- If you have any questions, please call our office.